Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup
Played in the lead up to the start of the junior cricket season, the Kookaburra Cup is a staple of the cricket calendar in the region.
Due to the extended ACT lockdown, the 2021 Kookaburra Cup has been postponed until January 19-21 2022.
Cricket ACT will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely but we remain hopeful that we will be able to deliver a safe and action-packed tournament this summer.
The Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup is an annual pre-season tournament attracting players and teams from around the country. The mission of the Cup is to showcase Australia’s number one sport - cricket, to kids and families. The festival vibe of the event has been designed to achieve the two primary goals of participation and enjoyment for all.
In its fourteen years of operation, the Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup has continued to grow, attracting more than 750 participants playing over 200 games in three action packed days.
The T20 tournament is held at multiple venues right across Canberra and is open to entries from both boys and girls. The teams have eight players per side, competing in either Cup, Plate or Shield divisions.
This tournament has featured prominent names in the cricket community including Australian representatives Adam Zampa and Nic Maddinson.
- Male & Female Junior Cricketers (11-16 years old)
- Wednesday 19th January 2022 to Friday 21st January 2022.
- $950 (+GST) including tournament shirt pack
- Individual team insurance is available for non-club affiliated teams, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if required
- In the event of the cancellation of the 2021/22 tournament – Cricket ACT will provide a full refund of the registration fee to all teams, minus the cost of the tournament shirts inclusive of postage and packing
- Under 12’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- Under 14’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- Under 15’s Girls
- Under 16’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- 1st December 2021
*If you have already registered to participate in the tournament and can not attend the rescheduled dates - please get in touch with the team to organise a refund
*If you have already registered to participate in the tournament and still wish to attend, let us know and we will ensure your registration is carried over to the new dates