Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup
Played in the lead up to the start of the junior cricket season, the Kookaburra Cup is a staple of the cricket calendar in the region.
The Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup is an annual pre-season tournament attracting players and teams from around the country. The mission of the Cup is to showcase Australia’s number one sport - cricket, to kids and families. The festival vibe of the event has been designed to achieve the two primary goals of participation and enjoyment for all.
In its fourteen years of operation, the Canberra Southern Cross Club Kookaburra Cup has continued to grow, attracting more than 750 participants playing over 200 games in three action packed days.
The T20 tournament is held at multiple venues right across Canberra and is open to entries from both boys and girls. The teams have eight players per side, competing in either Cup, Plate or Shield divisions.
This tournament has featured prominent names in the cricket community including Australian representatives Adam Zampa and Nic Maddinson.
• Who: Male & Female Junior Cricketers (11-16 years old)
• Date: Wednesday, 7th of October 2020 to Friday, 9th of October 2020
- $950 (+GST) with tournament shirt pack
- $700 (+GST) without tournament shirt pack
• Refund Policy
- Before 26th of August 2020 – Cricket ACT will provide a 100% refund of the $950 (+GST) registration fee.
- After 26th of August 2020 - Cricket ACT will provide a 50% refund of the $950 (+GST) registration fee.
- Before 22nd of September 2020 – Cricket ACT will provide a 100% refund of the $700 (+GST) registration fee.
- After 22nd of September 2020 - Cricket ACT will provide a 25% refund of the $700 (+GST) registration fee.
• Age Divisions
- Under 12’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- Under 13’s Girls
- Under 14’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- Under 16’s Boys (Cup, Plate & Shield Division)
- Under 17’s Girls
- Registrations Close
- To have tournament shirts available for the event, registration close: 26th of August 2020.
- Overall registration close for the event: 22nd of September 2020.