Cricket NSW and Cricket ACT have announced they will be holding an additional National Cricket Coaching Plan Level 2 Certificate Course in Canberra this year.
The course will be held over two weekends in June/July and we encourage as many aspiring coaches in our region to nominate to take part.
• 9am – 6pm Saturday 30th June
• 8am - 5pm Sunday 1st July
• 8am – 5pm Saturday 7th July
• 8am - 5pm Sunday 8th July
Venue: Cricket ACT High Performance Centre, Phillip ACT 2606.
Note: FULL attendance on all above dates is necessary to complete the course.
Cost: $800 for candidates – including meals and course materials.
Currently accredited Level One (Development) Cricket Coach
Minimum 1 year as a practising Level One Coach
Minimum 18 years of age
The Representative Level 2 Course encompasses a number of theoretical and practical assessment tasks. These are spread out over the 2018’19 cricket season finishing in April 2019.
Assessments will be completed prior to, during and after the residential component. Exact details will be provided to successful applicants.
The Cricket Australia Representative Level 2 Coaching Course is designed for Coaches who are coaching within the player pathway. That is, coaches involved in CNSW State Cricket programs, SCA grade clubs, district/squad programs or junior/school representative teams.
For quality control reasons, each course is restricted to 24 candidates.
CNSW employs the following criteria in selecting candidates for the courses:
1. Coaches involved in CNSW/ CACT State Cricket Programs
2. Coaches to be trained for the purpose of delivering Level One Courses for CNSW/ CACT – max four per course
3. Coaches involved at District/Grade Club Level- maximum two per club.
4. Coaches involved coaching at Junior Representative level both school and districts – maximum two per school/district (priority given to coaches working in older age groups)
NB A second coach from a District/Grade Club would only be considered where vacancies exist in a course after exhausting the option of one coach per school/district in point 4.
5. Coaches involved at Sub-district level – maximum one per club
6. Junior Club or school coaches (priority given to coaches working in older age groups) – maximum two per area
Each successful candidate will be accredited by the Australian Coaching Council Scheme and Cricket Australia as a Representative Level 2 Coach.
Interested candidates can apply to attend either of these courses by completing the below nomination form by 20th May 2018.
CLICK HERE to nominate.
Letter of Support (Nominations without this letter will not be considered)
Nominees from the Sydney Metropolitan area are required to send a one-page letter of support from their Grade Club/NSWDCA Association/ Coach and Talent Specialist with their nomination form.
Nominees from Country NSW/ ACT are required to send a one-page letter of support from their CNSW Zone Academy Coach/ Regional Development Manager/ Coach and Talent Specialist with their nomination form.
Nominees involved in school cricket are required to send a one page letter of support from their NSWSCA Cricket Convenor (ie GPS, CAS, CHS, CCC, CSC) with their nomination form.
All applicants will be advised of selections in April