The Representative Coaching Course is designed for coaches working with players or teams at a representative level or within pathway programs. The course will extend your skills as a coach, learning how to progress players to enhance their skills and reach their goals.
There is a significant amount of pre-course, in-course and post-course assessment tasks, which require dedicated commitment from participants.
Cricket ACT conducts the 30-hour face-to-face course. Topics covered include:
- Coach Development
- Developing players
- Identifying talent
- Exploring coaching philosophies
- Technicalities of scoring runs and taking wickets
- Principles of teaching and learning
- Coaching safely
- Managing Stakeholders
- Ongoing program development.
How to complete the Representative Coach learning
- Advanced Coach Accreditation – Coaches must complete the Advanced Coach Course before submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) to a Representative course.
- Coached for 12 months or more in a formal role as a Community Coach.
- Complete an EOI that demonstrates you are coaching in this cricket context.
- The Advanced Coach online modules are free to all Community Coaches.
- The 30-hour Representative course will incur a fee ($600) charged by Cricket ACT.
To register your Expression of Interest:
- Login into the LMS via the Cricket Australia Coaching web page.
- Select Courses from the menu.
- Under Course Listing select Australian Capital Territory, where you are looking to do the course in.
- Complete your EOI by clicking ‘Representative Coaching Course - Expression of Interest’ tab.
- Cricket ACT will contact you via email, with regards to next steps.
For further information, please contact Cricket ACT Coach Development Manager, Janith Samaratunga.